What ages and levels do you teach?:
I teach piano, voice and guitar to children of all ages and adult beginners/intermediates.
Where are lessons held?:
Lessons are held at my apartment in West Seattle, near the West Seattle Alaska Junction.
What can I expect at my lesson?:
Each music lesson is unique to the individual student’s goals and skill level. I strive to meet each student where they are on their musical journey, and help set and achieve attainable goals from that place.
During a lesson we review what we worked on in previous lessons, work through any difficult passages or skills together, and then cover new musical material.
Through lessons, students learn instrumental/vocal technique, scales and chords, music theory knowledge, improvisation skills, songwriting skills, many new songs, and more!
How can I be prepared for my lessons?
- Bring any music books that you have been assigned. (piano and guitar students especially)
- Guitar students: tune your guitar before your lesson.
- Have a notebook for Caitlin to write any important information and practice assignments in.
- Practice, practice, practice!
We all have good and not-so-good weeks when it comes to practicing, but it goes without saying: A good week of practice makes for a more enjoyable lesson. Practicing is essential to becoming a better musician. (I can’t stress this enough!)
- TIP: Start with the realistic goal of practicing 20 minutes/a day.